Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


I have been a mother for 3 years, and it is still weird when I get a card or a gift on Mother's Day. This year hubby gave me beautiful flowers, some cash to go shopping for new clothes (what? tired of my ratty t-shirts and man pants?), and a lovely card. He said he didn't like the pre-arrangements and actually picked each flower out himself. Seriously? What a guy. Not sure what I did to deserve him!!

My mom and my sis-in-law gave me something "hinting" at something too. D gave me some Slimwear lotion that is supposed to reduce cellulite and my mom gave me a grilling basket for vegetables. hmmm..what are they trying to say?

This year we went out for a nice brunch at Confluence Park. We had table by the window so we could overlook the river and see the downtown skyline. The day was beautiful, so the view was lovely. After brunch we visited the cemetaries where my Grandmother W. and my Grandma B. are buried. We always leave flowers and visit the "greats" too. I love cemetaries. They are so peaceful and beautiful . Watching P and her cousie Annie run through the graveyard was very cute - and I think the actual feeling of quiet and sadness lifted. Almost as if the spirits were happy to see children run and play...I dunno, it was really cool. Grandmother W. is buried out in Reynoldsburg and Grandma B. is buried at Union Cemetary by Riverside Hospital. I always felt that Grandma B. was close when I had my two children - and I know that they both visited when I had them. But, that is another story, another day.

After we went to the cemetaries we went to mom and dad's to hang out and have a cookout. P and bubbies made Grammies a bird bath and got drenched when they filled it with water for her. I was thinking about making one for myself, but seeing how the children loved to play with it and play in the water, I think I'll wait until they are older. I would hate for it to break and then the wee ones get injured by sharp terra cota pot pieces.

Today I am tired. I wish I got a nap yesterday. :)

4 comments:

Momma Bear said...

love the bird bath!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

What a fun Mother's Day. Kudos to Shane for the flower arranging. It's funny how much you look like your mother. You could be the same person! I want to hear about your "visitors" at the birth of your children. I definitely felt that way, especially when Guy was born! I think that my grandma was definitely there...others unseen too, I'm sure! Love the birdie bath!

rachel... said...

I got a gift card to a clothing store from my husband, too, and I thought the same thing! LOL

I hope you had a wonderful day... and got your nap!

Holli said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!