Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

I want my diaper

My son will never go in the potty. I am at that point of distress over the situation. He cried this morning for five minutes to have a diaper put on instead of his Diego pull ups. Sure, he'll wear underwear...and then pee in them and not even care. If I don't notice the pee, he could probably go all day with wet stinky clothes and never say a word about it.

He sits on the potty before bath time and usually does a good job, but I have to make him sit there. He'd much rather sit in the tub and pee, and then drink the water. I know, gross, and it is almost as if bath water full of pee and soap is a delicacy the way he slurps it down.

He is 2 and 1/2 years old, and I need to keep telling myself that it took P until she was 3 and 1/2 to not go in her pants. If he follows suit with his sister it will be one more year of torture, but then it'll be smooth sailing. What I mean by that is: rarely any accidents and no overnight accidents. P has only wet the bed twice since diapers...hopefully bubbies won't be a bed wetter, either. I guess I'll deal with the extra time if it means no middle of the night wake up calls to clean up pee. Just trying to look at the bright side....ergh.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

I think it's a boy thing! :)