Dear Children,
Today you made me laugh. I really enjoyed your company as I folded laundry and cleaned up the dog poo in the yard.
You play together so well, and while playing outside you asked me if you could marry one another. Gently, I said "no" and told you that is illegal. Then you ran off to play and found a slug. You put that slug in a sand bucket with a bunch of grass. I heard you both giggling, and then you ask me if slugs poo. I said "yes" and told you that they not only poo but probably pee. E asked me what slugs eat. I said vegetation. E, you promptly ran off and told sister. Both of you thought about it for a minute and a second later I was explaining "vegetation." When you found out that vegetation included grass you were both satisfied you did a good job taking care of that slug.
P, my darling girl, you and your brother ask me all the time if you can play Plants vs. Zombies. Most of the time I say no because I don't like you sitting in front of the computer, but today...today was different. You handed me a lovely drawing with a note stating how much you loved me. Then you asked me to go down to the computer room to look at something. I finished up the dishes and walked downstairs. Upon reaching the laundry room I spied little blue post-it notes leading me to the computer. They said:
"Mom only alwd"
"Mommy, can I pls play Plants vs zmbeez?"
"I love u and hope you say yes"
I said yes. Now, you and your brother are playing the game as I type.
Love, mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment