Dear Teachers, Principals, and School Administration,
Thank you for the care and the love you have shown my children this passed year. During their time with you they grew another couple of inches and expanded their thought and knowledge exponentially. I watched them succeed and fail. I watched them go out of their comfort zones and try new things. I watched them cry because they were too sick to go to school, or not sick enough to stay home.
I watched my daughter struggle with lunch and recess, having an intense fear of the older kids. She was only 6 and scared. Now, she is 7 and strong and writes in her first grade journal about how recess and lunch are her favorite times. She has made friends, played games, and exchanged secrets. I almost feel badly for her being home with her boring mom all summer.
My son has matured and lost the tiny boy he started as back in the fall. His bag of clothing had a pull up in it...and now, he he doesn't even pee the bed. He is still a sweet baby, though, and I don't want that to go away too soon. My girl has already become disenchanted with mommy...not another one for a while, please.
It was just yesterday I nursed them, changed their dirty diapers and sang them to sleep. Now, I am taking them to the pool, turning on Sponge Bob, and loving the support they give me.
I am so lucky, not only because I have wonderful kids, but that they were loved when they were out of my arms. For that, I can't thank you enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment