I am now a reading teacher. I help middle school students who are reluctant or struggling readers learn to, well, read. My first month has been crazy! My co-worker said I need to start a memoir about my first year of teaching, I thought I should write about my FIRST month.
So far:
-First day got cussed out by student, he fled and police had to bring him back, he is now at Cross Creek (1/2 day therapy - lots of problems)
-Parent came in to observe class and her son.
-Student asked if he was worth it and offered me $20.
-Student asked me if I was on my monthly cycle.
-Found out (too) many sad stories about a few of my kids.
-Students took pleasure the wrong way and started taunting ME about pleasuring myself.
-Student couldn't read a book about white water rafting because the first sentence started, "I like to ride anything."
-Parent/student conference where mom reference "getting it up the butt" and mom pointed at her daughter and said, "she knows what that means!"
-today I have my first OTES observation and my principal is video taping me. Wish me luck. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment