Pages

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Today I saw a rainbow


This morning was like any other morning. I didn't want to get out of bed. I am so tired in the mornings, but I hear Miss P cooing in there and hubby getting ready for work, so I know I HAVE to get my butt out of bed. It was 7:30a (a little late for me) when I finally decided to leave my mattress. I brushed my teeth, changed the baby and said good-bye to hubby for the day.

That was when my morning changed. I noticed hubby pull back into the driveway. I just thought he forgot his sunglasses or wallet, not too surprising (he tends to lose things). Anyhow he came busting in the door and immediately opened our back door yelling to me to "come see this!" I took Miss P off the boob, apologized for interrupting her breakfast and hurried outside...and I am so glad I did.

There was the most amazing rainbow hanging in the sky I had ever seen. It stood in the sky perfectly. It was as if it had always been there just waiting for the right moment to show itself. Hubby, Miss P and I just stood there quietly and gazed at the colors placed so beautifully in an arch. We identified ROYGBIV and took a couple of pictures.

It is amazing how one thing can change the course of your day. That rainbow actually elated me and reminded me of nature's beauty and wonders.

No comments: