I have been trying to keep a journal for baby concerning the things I do not want to forget. I think I am over-extending myself with the things I want to keep, where I am storing them and how I am storing them. I have a severe problem trying to organize and choose the best method of keeping memories, especially photos. My childhood photos are in a big box that needs to be sorted through and put into albums. I can't even just pick up an album and cherish memories of my past, and I don't want Miss P to feel that same frustration. So, I have been trying to order pictures online and as soon as I receive them I put them into albums. I have already fallen behind on that task because I can't find the "perfect" album to put her pictures in. It is ridiculous.
I just want to be sure I have plenty of pictures of her from her childhood that can be easily accessed. I also have things online at places like Snapfish, Shutterfly and Youtube...in addition to her own little websites I create.
For me, because I have a hard time being creative with crafts and such, it needs to be easy. I find those pre-made calendars and baby books a good outlet, but they seem so impersonal. I mean I want to do things in a special way for Miss P, not in a generic-I-found-this-at-babiesrus way. Not that there is anything wrong with it - and I have plenty of stuff I use that is generic...but, I really want at least one super special thing that Miss P can look back on when she is older...and cherish when she is my age. Scrapbooking may be the best thing - and it can be fun if I am in the mood (which isn't often, so it'll be quite an undertaking for me).
The good thing is that I have this blog to keep memories in. Hopefully Miss P will read this one day and not thing I am a total nutcase. Hopefully she'll think I just love her that much to worry about some of the things on here. ha!
1 comment:
I in a similar way struggled with the same thing, and really still do. I finally just bought plain photo boxes and started storing the kids "extra" things that i wanted to keep, in there. I did find two albums that i thought were very cute, very simple, for like $2 each at target ( i think they originally were like $20 each!) But after never finding "the perfect album/baby book" I just printed off a ton of pics ( i still have more!) and stuck them in the books, one for each baby.
If you ever want to have a scrap book/baby book fun day (maybe for like 3 or so hours on a saturday or sunday, we'll let the men have the kids!) I'll be happy to do that with you, i would love that and i think it would be fun and hopefully relaxing.
But you must find the perfect album before then, i guess i need a new one or two new ones since i've pretty much filled up the others...oh no. :)
The saga continues....we moms put so much pressure on ourselves. Our kids will feel loved i bet regardless. You know i have two photos of myself as a kid, one as a newborn and one as a little baby about 1 1/2 yrs. My parents lost all of our photos in a fire. So i think whatever you do compared to other kids your daughter will be grateful for what her loving mommy provided for her. and i know you Kristin you'll put so much love into it even if you don't feel it's the "perfect" album that your daughter WILL feel special and loved by you.
woo sorry so long!
-beth
Post a Comment