9/11. A day as an American I will never forget. If you ask anyone, I bet they know exactly what they were doing, if they were drinking a hot cup of coffee, and even the first person they called to tell them what they saw or heard. I had moved home from NYC 2 years prior to the Towers attack, and couldn't have been more frantic about my friends that were still living there. The many questions I had rolling through my mind and the waiting...oh, the waiting. I can't even imagine what family members were feeling....wives, husbands, mothers, sons....and today, hopefully the pain has eased for some. We learn to deal with the pain of losing a loved one, but I don't think it really goes away. I think you just build a callous around that area of your heart where that person lives. Your memories become bright ones and you forget the bad stuff to only remember the beautiful things and respect and honor your dead loved one.
This site contains information about 9/11 - but, please know that it will bring back the memories, the fear, the feeling of vulnerability and the sadness just like it felt 7 years ago: http://www.september11news.com/
Say a loving prayer today for those who lost their lives 7 years ago, those who lost their lives in the War in Iraq, those who still are over there, and the survivors.

1 comment:
Thank you for reminding us. I had almost forgotten what happened on this day. I can't believe it's been seven years already! I know it was a terrible travesty, but I hope the families and friends of victims are healed or are working toward healing themselves. My thoughts will be with them this day.
Post a Comment