Hubby is really a funny guy. He is very sweet and doesn't have a mean bone in his body...unless it involves waking the children or doing something he thinks is stupid...then he can be quite scary.
For instance, a stupid thing AND a waking the children thing:
It is 9 at night and sweet silence is about to enter our home. Hubby and I are getting excited for the last child to lay their head down for the night so we can finally relax and unwind. I am upstairs getting the babies off to dreamland. bubbies has drifted into REMs and P is slowly ready to lay in her bed when the doorbell rings. Mind you, we are not expecting anyone. The doorbell is loud. What is even louder is that the dogs start barking, and if you know anything about mini-schnauzers the one thing you do know is that their bark is shrill and could break glass. I was startled. I kind of just sat in P's rocking chair completely stiff for about 30 seconds wondering if she was going to start crying and need more beddy beddytime attention. She did not. The boy didn't wake up, either. By the grace of the gods, my children didn't nudge.
I put P in bed and just listened before I came down the stairs wondering if I should have a mad face or a happy face (totally depended on who the visitor was). Hubby was in the kitchen shaking his head. I asked him who was at the door. He said:
"Save the children was at the door. I told the guy he JUST WOKE THE CHILDREN and asked him if he realized it was 9 at night in the winter. What the heck are you doing ringing doorbells so late?"
I started laughing. Hubby was genuinely PO'd. I giggled. Hubby finally smiled. It was quite funny. I asked what the guy did. Hubby said he just slumbered off and made the "I dunno" shrug of his shoulders. Quite strange.
3 comments:
Your laugh always could tame the savage beast!
btw - did you see your celebrity double on the office last night?
speaking of celebrity doubles. Everytime I watch 24 I think crap, that's K!
http://24nation.com/UserFiles/Image/Audrey1.jpg
Speaking of shane, why did he yell at me like that? I just wanted him to "save the children". What a jerk.
Post a Comment