I used to get in trouble for my loud mouth all the time at work. I was a really good, quiet student - felt I had to uphold that "AP" status by seeming demure and studious...not loud and obnoxious. College turned me - and now I am full of energy of the mouth. I was constantly being asked to quiet down at work - they'd say "your laugh is infectious, but keep the infection to yourself." I even got fired from a bakery I worked in because I talked too much. Now I find my mouthy medium online. Thank goodness for blogs and twitter and other social platforms such as Facebook. However, I have recently found out that what I have posted online has ended up on the local news. My mouth is obviously not quiet even when it is typed.
Channel 4 posted my comment to children and spas. It was read in their Live at 5 and I had no idea! Here is what I wrote:
"I am not surprised about a spa day for little ones, but I am surprised
that it is used for them to "relax." I would think it would be fun as a
birthday party or a special day with mommy, but because they have too
much stress? c-mon. Stick them outside to play for a while. :)"
Then on Channel 10 about the use of coupons...again no idea:
"I hate coupons. Hubby makes me get the Dispatch hoping I'll cut them, but I don't. I should, though. :)"
I think this is rather funny - and I thought my comments were funny when I wrote them.
4 comments:
My mouth has a mind of her own sometimes too, Kristin! :)
Here's my big mouth moment from last year (the public one anyway!) I usually try to choose my words carefully when a reporter is around...but this time, I wasn't thinking!: http://www.dailyitem.com/archivesearch/local_story_282234508.html
thats exciting! It's all about networking to get your site out there cbus mom-awesome!
I know all about having a big mouth. I am the proud owner of one. :)
I think I came here through Momma Bear. I'll be back too.
Post a Comment