Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Name Writing

I cannot believe my 3 year old just wrote her name.


This was in the birthday card to her cousin Hailey.

I guess I am in awe because I haven't worked with her that much on writing. I mean, we work on it some for fun, but I never push her. And, hubby asked if they practice it in preschool - well, not right now. Maybe later in the school year just for introduction, but they are totally about learning through play...not academics at such a tender age of 3. She seems to really like reading and writing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she is picking up how to write letters. I am just very proud of her, and she was pretty proud of herself and practiced even when I left the room. cute.

2 comments:

SelimaCat said...

I am truly amazed. Holy cats.

rachel... said...

Wow! That's awesome! My oldest was about 4 when I first learned she could write her name. She carved it into our dining room table with a fork. :/