Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Last Parent/Teacher Conference

I had P's last parent/teacher conference last week. I cried almost the whole way through, it was embarrassing. I couldn't get myself together. One would think I was told she did something wrong, but no, it was because she was mastering everything. They said the most glowing things about her as a student, a friend, and as a leader. They said she was the type of child that draws people to her because of her confidence, independence, and kindness. They also said that we were doing a great job as parents - now, that mean so much when a family member or friend tells you that, imagine what it means when someone outside of the realm of friend or family tells you...basically, it is the type of compliment that resonates in my heart and soul, and probably will the rest of my life. Not that I agree most of the time, but I try really hard to be a good Kristin-mom to my kids.

I am so proud of my child. So darn proud. She is going to miss this year of preschool, I am certain. I bet if she had more than three year old wits about her she would laugh at the fact that she screamed and cried the first day, trying to claw her way out the front door. Mrs. Coleman, Mrs. Warren, and I had a good laugh remembering that.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

That is awesome! What a special child!! :) And what wonderful parents!