Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kidly Weekend #2

Last year I didn't get to go to the first annual Kidly Weekend because bubbies was into EVERYTHING, and I feared him and fire. P had a wonderful time and was extremely excited for this year's trip. Kidly Weekend is an off-shoot of Manly Weekend, which the guys have been doing since they graduated from college. Every September a decent sized group of them goes camping for a weekend and, really, I don't want to know what else they do. I just know it involves alcohol, their own made-up games, knives, and lots of swearing. Kidly will be the same sans the swearing, and take place in May or June.

We had a blast at Kidly this year, in spite of Kelly's raging UTI, Bridgette getting no sleep, an accidental death of a fish, and P burning her hand with her fire drawing stick. We wrapped up Sunday with trip to our friends Alpaca farm where the kids got to feed the male Alpacas treats - good times, good times. In my buddy Steve's words: "Here's hoping we can keep Kidly Weekend an annual tradition - all I could think of on the way home was how I want next year to come around and for Kidly anticipation to be the "talk of the town" amongst all our spawn. Cheers everyone - had great time with y'all!" Yes, we have terrific friends....


No comments: