I am keeping this blog mainly for my kids. I want them to see little glimpses into our family's life through my posts. Today, I am feeling pain. I am certain this pain I am feeling will pass by the time they even know this blog exists, but until then, I need to write my thoughts down for myself; and, this one is about pain. It is painful for a mom to watch her kids make their way through the world.
My heart jumps watching my son tumble. My heart pangs watching my girl "working things out" with her friends. I am hopeful for them because of my age, and also saddened to know all the heart aches and awkwardness they have to go through to get where I am now. There is a saying "youth is wasted on the young." I don't believe that, but I do wish I could give them some of the "if you only knew what I know now" pills. It'd make life so much easier for them.
Of course, I would never want to choose a path for them. And, I believe all experiences - good and bad - make us who we are today. It's just that I feel more with my heart than I ever have before because of my children, and I want to protect them from all that is painful. Unrealistic, I know...but it is a desire.
2 comments:
I share your pain, Kristin. I almost feel that it is good children don't know what lies ahead of them...growing up is such a mixed bag. You have always had an incredibly good and big heart. You'll guide your children through it all with grace and wisdom. Love you.
I know you do, Jocelyn, because you have a bigger heart than me. :) I remember your post about kindergarten from earlier this year (I think that was it?). You are so awesome. I miss you.
Post a Comment