Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Awesome birthday

My friends and family made me feel so special on my birthday! My girlfriends and I went out to Alana's, which is this awesome restaurant that serves all local foods. We laughed and drank too much wine. Then we saw Breaking Dawn pt 2. I was showered with beautiful, thoughtful gifts. Hubby took the kids to hibachi with a friend of ours for dinner and then showed them a movie. The kids had a great time hanging with daddy.

For my actual birthday I had a hangover and felt horrible, but that didn't stop me from having a great day. The cleanse I was on cleared my body of toxins, and putting a few drinks in me was not a good idea. I am pondering cutting all drinks - I don't like how it effects me lately (not 21 any more!). Anyhoo...the kids couldn't wait for me to come downstairs and open my gifts. It was a little like Christmas morning, except better because the kids were so excited about the gifts they had gotten me.

bubbies wanted to get me a robot that would help clean the house. It is a little square "robot" that sweeps and mops that he named Jay Jay (after one of the under water robots that discovered the Titanic). He was so excited and I almost cried at how cute he was. Sis got me a beautiful locket that says mom all over it and put a picture of her when she was a little baby in it. Hubby got me a necklace and a Zumba dvd. The kids and I had fun dancing to that.

Then we headed over to mom's for dinner. We had a delish dinner and cake, and then played games with the kids. My children played two games of old school Battleship with me and Grammies. It was a great day!

No comments: