My kids are awesome. I love them so very much, and am so fortunate, thankful, and grateful I have this year with them before I enter the workforce as a teacher. My plan is to sub until I get a job. I'd love to get an actual position, but it is really difficult to get a teaching job in Columbus. Whatever, it will happen - I am not worried about it. I still smile when I think about becoming a teacher, and I think it is because it will challenge me daily.
Anyhoo, about my kids. E gets mad if you say he is only 4, he is "four and a half" with hands on hips and chin jutted out. Peyton is 6 and 1/2 and wants to be tall. She wants me to measure her at least once a week to see how much she's grown. I typically do at the birthday and then at the half birthday, but not every week. heehee.
E loves school, even though recently he says he doesn't care. The stomach virus ran its course through the kids and myself. Luckily, hubby was spared but got a nasty cold/flu thingy that lingers. Because of the protocol of his preschool he has to get his poo tested. They had some virus that went through the school and the health department says that any child with even one bout of diarrhea has to be tested. So, lucky mommy gets to gather the sample. But, during this "gathering," E freaked out and said he no longer wants to go to preschool. He thinks the testing is dumb and unfair. Hmmm...read mommy's mind, but we have to be honest and we have to do the right thing.
Speaking of doing the right thing, I had to miss a whole weekend of holiday parties because of my and P's sickness. I stayed away from the 1st grade party because I was only 2 days out from the stomach thing - there is NOWAY I was going to pass that on, especially with Christmas around the corner. Also, I was still feeling gross and couldn't attend an 80's party I was psyched for, mainly because I wanted to go to my annual Loop Christmas party. I ended up missing that because P got sick that day. Again! Poor little thing. She wanted me to stay with her, so I did. I was bummed, but my main priority is my girl and parties can be missed. There will be others.
No comments:
Post a Comment