Christmas was eventful, to write the least. Miss P was sick, I was sick, and the worst part was my dad went into the hospital. Dec. 19 he had a defibrilator put in with a pacemaker function as well, and it went off two days after he got it put in. Twice. The second time it knocked him off his feet, my mom freaked out, they rushed to the hospital, and the doctor said he had to stay in the hospital for three days. Three days?! That meant Christmas Eve AND Christmas in the hospital.
Of course, dreaming of sugar plums went out the window when I thought I could have lost my dad. Luckily, he had the hardware hooked up to his heart three days before he had not ONE but TWO heart attacks in twenty-four hours. He was going to wait until January to get the surgery, and thank goodness he didn't. His doctor's nurse was actually the one to push him into it. She basically asked him if he wanted to live or die. Uhmmmm....choice? I think not....especially with two brand new grandbabies.
Anyhow, my bro and his family came down for our yearly Christmas festivities that we ended up just having at the hospital. It was a very nice time that I think we will never forget. Hubby bought a little tree for the room, my niece and newphews made ornaments and I put together some hor d'vours. Bro and sisil brought everything to the hospital and set it up. When mom and dad saw everything they were emotionally moved. My mom cried. Well, she always cries, except this time it wasn't over a Hallmark card commercial....we wish it was.... I have to say it was the best Christmas knowing my dad lived when he could have died. All I can do is say I am extremely grateful to modern medicine.
My husband's dad died of the same type of heart problem at the young age of thirty-six. Hubby wondered if how my dad is being treated could have saved his dad. That is a question we will never know the answer to, unfortunately.
Hubby's mom is very sick as well. She is suffering from ovarian cancer. BUT, she is here with us, and has been for six years after being diagnosed. We are so happy she has taken chemo this long. God bless her for her strength and willingness to perservere through treatment after treatment. She is quite a strong woman. I hope she is around for many more years; especially for Miss P.
I truly am blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family. I take them for granted far too often, and this Christmas I was reminded how important family is and how much I love them.
1 comment:
What d'you say, Ryan?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]hydrocodone prescription[/url][/b]
Post a Comment