My Ohio History class is finally over and my speech class ends next Wednesday. As odd as it sounds, I am really sad that these two classes are over. Mainly because so much happened during the time I was in them.
When I signed up I was worried because I was going to Florida to visit Sheilah while she was down there, and that was my first trip traveling by plane with the baby. When I got to Florida I saw how sick Sheilah was and was completely shocked. She couldn't get up off of the couch and looked like she weighed 90 pounds. Now, the last time I saw her she was wearing a size 12 or 14, so it was unbelievable to me that she got that thin. You can talk to people on the phone and realize they are feeling so well, but you truly do not know until you actually are faced with seeing them.
My friend Kelly Long went with me and helped with Miss P. Thankfully, because there is no way I could have traveled through the airport by myself. Have her there for moral support was awesome, too. Nursing the baby in public was kind of hard for me and I was really apprehensive about it. I didn't have the best experience with it, either. People weren't the nicest or the most accomodating. I was pissed because it was like I was doing something "wrong" by feeding my child. The worst was the Atlanta airport. I was seriously ready to kill someone. They said I HAD to nurse P in the bathroom. I wrote to the airport and voice my dissatisfaction with their airport.
Then when we got back from Florida two weeks later we left for Boston. Sheilah took a turn for the worse...as if that was possible at the time. The outlook was grim and we knew we had to get out there. We spent 5 days in Boston and then two weeks in Rhode Island. Sheilah passed Feb. 6 and we stayed until the following Monday because of the funeral and arrangements and such. It was difficult leaving the family because everyone was so fragile. Hubby is still have a difficult time with depression and a loss. I really think he should go to a support group or something for grieving....it is that bad.
Miss P had her first birthday. She got four teeth during the duration of my classes and is officially weaned. It makes me sad that she is no longer nursing, but it had to happen one of these days! She doesn't seem to mind too much. She is a little needier than usual, but I am sure that will pass. She is also showing signs of standing on her own - not just pulling up with help, but actually standing from a sitting position. Oh goodness, she will be a menace. She is already into everything.
My dad is much better with his heart and my mom is doing okay with her knees. She is still in pain and can't walk that far, but she is doing okay.
We got a new car. A Mazda 5. It has much more room and is really easy to get P in and out of. Well, before the baby has a meltdown I better sign off.
No comments:
Post a Comment