Pages

Friday, June 01, 2007

Television

Miss P is watching her Baby Einstein Neighborhood Animals DVD. Now, I know she technically is not supposed to be watching tv, but she seems to really enjoy it. Plus, I can get some laundry done, wash the dogs or mop the floor....things that are really hard to do with a 13 month old into everything.

I decided to just watch her to see if she actually got anything out of it. It seems as if she does. She got all excited when the puppets came on and then she started saying the names of the animals she knew when they came on screen. The cat came up and she said "cat" and then "meow, meow." I found out she knows the word for "mouse," too. It is so cute how babies love animals.

I took her to the aquarium today to see the fish. There was a little boy feeding the Koi (sp?). She thought that was pretty cool and was beaming from ear to ear as the fish came up for a nibble. Unfortunately, mama was out of quarters. They had a couple of stingrays, too. One of them kept coming up the side of the tank and part of the way out of the tank to say "hello." It was kind of cool, but then he kept doing it. I think it wanted us to take it home. Well, after what happened to the crocodile hunter I am anti-stingray for a while...even though they are pretty cool looking.

We saw all types of fish and coral and anemon. Sponge Bob wasn't there...that was a little disappointing.

No comments: