Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

bubbies is 8 months old!

bubbies turned 8 months old today! The things he has accomplished so far have been incredible. I just can't believe the things babies do and learn in such a short amount of time. It is like they sleep for 3 months and then come *alive*. I sat down with P and we "discussed" the things we are seeing bubbies do and our favorite things about him. This is what we came up with:


-he smiles all the time. Hubby made a comment that he'd be a great baby model because he'll offer up a smile with little effort on an adult's part.

-he almost has the whole crawling thing down.

-he is learning to sit from a laying down position. I actually observed this at Bookingham Forest today at the library.

-he talks back...and I mean literally. if I get cross with him when he bites me he jibber jabbers back as if he is saying "well, I didn't mean to hurt you...I am learning here, lady!"

-he has two teeth on the bottom and two on top that are almost all the way in.

Then there are the things that kind of drive me nuts:

-he bites, scratches and pinches. Sometimes it is no fun to hold him and nursing him can be a real challenge.
-he is super squirmy which makes diaper changes and getting him dressed a real challenge.
-he still hates to sleep. He is up at least 3 times a night....still. It makes for a cranky, crunchy, mean mommy much of the time lately.

3 comments:

Momma Bear said...

I can't believe it's almost a year!
He's such a cutey-Good Job Momma!

Amanda C. said...

What a handsome little man! Good luck with the sleep thing. As you probably know, we're still working on that at our house.

Sara said...

He's SO cute! And super smart it seems like too.