
Happy New Year!! (Big, hubby, D, Bridgette, Peaches, johnnyLung)
The girls and bubbies off on the right getting into EVERYthing.The girls made D's bed a play area. We couldn't find them at first and when we did they were just hanging out on D's bed in the dark. It was really funny. They proceed to play in her room for the majority of the evening.
Onto the stuff I need to get down, but am hesitant to write. I am really proud of what I have accomplished so far in my life, and am FARRR from finished. I have many things on my TO DO list and I believe once you throw them out in the universe they are just hanging there, waiting for you to do them. I am calling the lists below my "Tens." I have a list for the spiritual and soul nurturing things I want to do, and a list for the actual things I want to do, such as hobbies, extra-curricular activities or finishing up the foundation for my new career. Of course, stuff gets added to my lists everyday, but I think the following "Tens" are a great start and are the forefront of my mind at this moment.
The spiritual and soul nurturing Tens (in no certain order, but the mommy and wife goals stay in the first three):
1. Be a good...great mommy.
2. Help my kids find their way through life at their current stage with enthusiasm, love and patience.
3. Be a better wife. My hubby needs more attention.
4. Be more patient.
5. Be more loving.
6. Be less angry.
7. Be more organized.
8. Be a good friend.
9. Keep the focus.
10. Be more understanding and less expecting.
Hobbies, interests and career foundation Tens (in no certain order):
1. Play guitar. I bought an acoustic Fender 3 years ago and still can only play a few chords. (Granted I have had two kids in that time, so I do have an excuse)
2. Get better at crocheting.
3. Start making softies.
4. Finish my masters...I am on the way!!
5. Get published. (I have been published in the paper, but I want it to be my own original work, not PR)
6. Start research for my book. (already have the idea, just need to tackle it)
7. Finish Edgar Sawtelle.
8. Start my "city and kids" blog.
9. Run a 5 K and possibly a half marathon.
10. Be a better cook. (all all that goes with it - shopping organically, shopping smartly, creating menues for the week, not burning and overcooking perfectly good food to the point of pig slop)
1 comment:
I doubt you make anything that remotely resembles pig slop! But all of your other goals sound...amazing! Let me know if I can help you in any way in 2009! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment