Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

May Coco RIP

My mom called me crying yesterday. Their Shar Pei Coco took a turn for the worse and my dad had to take him to MedVet. They had to put him down. I am so sad.

I spoke with hubby because I don't know what to say to P. She loved "Cokie" so much and when I would say we are going to Grammies and Papa's house she immediatly would pipe up "AND COCO and PHEEBEEEEE?!!!" Coco always made her giggle and was always full of licks for her. That dog loved bubbies too. Never failed, first thing Coco would do was give a big floppy jawled drool lick to the baby's head. bubbies' head would be half dry, half wet the rest of the day.

My poor parents. They are so distraught. This is the third Shar Pei they have lost in ten years. Luckily, Phoebe is strong and will hopefully be around a lot longer. She is already nine and fighting cancer like a trooper. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the chemo keeps working!!



When I got home yesterday I gave lots of love to my two stinky dogs. I seriously don't know what I'd do without them. They are my two other children. I can't even think of them getting old and sick....just can't go there.

3 comments:

Momma Bear said...

awww poor babe, poor parents, I'm sorry. It's awful to have to lose your pet, I miss Gidget constantly. I'm sorry.

Ute said...

Oh, how sad. :( I'm so sorry for your loss. I never had dogs, but cats... and losing them was awful. It was like losing a beloved family member.

SelimaCat said...

What was it? Was it Shar-Pei fever? I'm so sorry!!!