Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh the little things.

Not going to beat around the bush here, but having two children ages three and one is tough. Sometimes it is awesome, sometimes it is annoying, and sometimes I get short-tempered with them, but when it comes right down to it, it is the first thing I listed. Things that make it awesome include the fact that I gave birth to their unique little souls, and watching them grow and experience new things is like butter cream icing on a dark chocolate cake baked with chocolate chips. Then there are the other things that make it awesome...even if it is tough....

Things by P:

  • I wanted to clean her face with "mommy spit." She says to me "don't touch me with that lick!" I thought she was being silly, so I tried again. She said the same thing. I was cracking up. She was serious. She ran from me. I ended up getting the washcloth.
  • She was mad at me because she got in trouble for taking a toy away from her brother. She sobs, "YOU aren't my mommy!" I said, "who am I, then?" She says, "I don't know, but YOU aren't my mommy!"
  • The way she only wants to wear dresses. I could put her in the cutest outfit with pants or shorts. It may stay on for a few hours but by the end of the day she is in a dress.
  • Her princess shoes. The first pair deemed "princess" she peed in and I couldn't get the smell out, so we got a new pair. I was smart this time around. I ordered her current size and a size bigger. Now I will not run out of "princess" shoes. By the way, we have princess tennis shoes too, and they are the only tennis shoes she'll wear at this moment. She had the coolest pair of Stride Rite Superballs....we gave those away and she wasn't the least bit sad about it.
  • Picky food eater. Now, this gets on my nerves. And, I swear she can smell a vegetable a mile away. She'll nibble on veggies and that makes me happy, but she won't eat a serving. I bought the second Sneaky Chef book to hide the good stuff. I haven't tried a ton of stuff out of the book, but I am working on it. I need to make room in my freezer for the purees so I have them quickly.
  • She's a reader. I love how interested in books she is and that is rubbing off on baby brother. I am thinking preschool will be tremendously fun for her. I am putting her in at three just because of the kind of kid she is. If she seemed more immature and more interested in just playing I would have waited.
  • She loves music and gets hooked on songs. Right now it is Spiders in the Kitchen by The Eels. It cracks me up. The only thing is, the song right after it stars off "It's a mother f$$ker," and sometimes I am not quick enough on the off button. oops.
  • She just left for lunch with hubby and his buddies in her pink leotard and tutu completed with ballet slippers.
bubbies, or lately, E-baby:

  • "Up" has officially been agreed upon as his first word. He babbles about other things and we can make out ball and milk...kind of.
  • Smart. Seriously, I don't know if it is just because he is the second kid and has lots of examples and modeling, but he can do things I don't remember P doing at his age.
  • Easy-going. I can wake him up from a nap, change his diaper, and throw him into the car. As long as he has something to drink he is happy.
  • He smiles all the time, pretty much.
  • His laugh is A dorable.
  • He loves to be tickled.
  • He loves to dance and does this arm pump thing with his left arm. I will have to upload it some day.
  • He is a good eater. I have fed him so many different things and the only thing he doesn't really like so far is left-overs....same as his mom.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Your kids are so freaking cute! I loved this post :)