Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

sad

bubbies stopped nursing this week. I am sad. I am sad because I won't nurse another child, and my plan was to nurse him until he was two. I am also very sad that my boobs hurt so bad that I almost picked up package of hot dogs and put them on my breasts when I was grocery shopping.

Well, we had a good run. And, really, it is kind of a relief because he was SO rough. He was always pulling my hair, scratching me, biting me, pinching me (yes, my other nipple while he nursed...and it wasn't pleasant), rolling my skin...kicking, laughing, screaming, yanking my jewelry. It was quite time we gave it up - for my sanity. He is/was 17 months - 3 months longer than his sister.

The only reason I would try to keep him on the boob is so I could get some relief. Guess that is what red wine is for...

4 comments:

Momma Bear said...

sorry to hear that momma. but he nursed for a while, that's pretty cool!

Amanda C. said...

It was a good run, momma! Why is it our sons are so rough on us in the nursing department? And, yet, we still tough through it. Cheers!

BoLOGna said...

bittersweet. big hugs to you.

Rachel said...

Good for you for hanging on so long through all of that!