Man, P is random, random, random. Yesterday morning she totally went poo on the potty for daddy - and announced it to the guys that were putting in our new windows. She was so proud of herself. She got to wear her leotard and tutu AND her ballet slippers for that one. But then....
We had to stick around the house all day because were getting windows put in. I decided later in the day that since were we hadn't been out I'd take them for Frosties and the park. We drove through Wendy's to get two baby Frosties and went over to the park with the little picnic table. They enjoyed sitting there eating their little frozen delights, which they really each only at about 1/4 and wanted to put them in the trash can, and then they ran to the swings. We swinged, we took the magic lane to the open field and ran up and down the hill. It was so fun. P even saw a couple of boys without their shirts on playing tennis. She promptly yelled - hey, why are you boys naked?? They just laughed, it was cute. I did a cartwheel, even.
Well, then it happened. We were walking back to the car to get the big ball to kick around, and suddenly she decided to hide under the gym set. OOVVVVFFFF course there was no place I could get her to quickly to poo, so she did it in her pants. I was SO mad. All I could think was my car is going to be ruined. Luckily, I put a diaper on over her panties and got her home. I didn't talk to her all the way home. I acted like it was a mission to get home and get her cleaned up. She could tell I was upset. This is it, though, and this is the part that ticked me off.....she sat in her car seat, looked directly at me and said "SQUIIIIIIIIISH. SQUIIIIIIISH." while she moved her butt into her seat. As if the poo was a big joke. She had already peed her pants earlier and didn't tell me, nor did she listen to me when I said we had to get changed. Did I breed a newspaper-for-pants kind of girl?
Anyhow, I made a decision that I am not proud of, but now I have to follow through with it. I told her she needed to earn back her tiara and princess dress. I put them away and told her she needed to poo and pee in the potty for one week to earn them back. I put a chart on the fridge and everything. She cried and cried - it totally broke my heart. But, nothing has worked up to now, so I am hoping this will work. If not, I am just a big mean mom.
2 comments:
That doesn't seem mean to me, but that's what I did with the flip-flops. She had originally earned the tiara & princess dress through the potty, so it seems OK to withhold them. It's not like you're taking away something she had forever, that's unrelated. Good luck, big mean mom.
I agree with SelimaCat. If she connects the princess dress and tiara with successfully going on the potty, then it's only fair to take them back if she's not doing her part in the matter. I don't think it's mean at all. I think you did a good thing for her! Hope it all works out for you. I haven't even started the whole potty training thing. I'm just waiting for him to show the least bit interest in it.
Post a Comment