Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Cute! Cute!

I have been really watching my kids lately, or should I say "observing" them. Both of them have certain things they do and I grab them and kiss, kiss, kiss them. They get so annoyed with me sometimes, but I don't care - I can't take not smothering them with love when they push the love button.

For instance:
  • bubbies saying "chuuuuzzz" and giving an adorable toothy grin when you pull the camera out to take his pic. I have learned that smile and can pick it when I look at pictures. P's "cheese" is pretty obvious...take a look:
  • He waves like it is the last time he'll ever see you again. It is a big all-arm wave with a big smile that just melts my heart everytime I see him do it.
  • The walk and nod. When he is singing to himself he takes big steps and nods his head back and forth while looking at the ground.
  • Speaking of singing - he is trying to talk and sing. Right now I can make out Baa Baa Black Sheep and he requests My Bonnie when I put him to sleep.
  • Miss P and chapstick...or lipstick as she calls it. Before bed I'll read her books and then she hops off my lap telling me she'll be right back. She goes into my make-up drawer and puts on her "lipstick" and then proudly says that NOW she is ready for bed. If she comes in to sleep with me in the middle of the night she stops in my bathroom to put on her "lipstick."
  • P uses words such as huge, gigantic, freakin' me out, gorgeous...I love her vocabulary.
  • She knows we are at the zoo b/c she reads the sign. She can spot certain words now...if I worked with her more I could quite possibly have an early reader on my hands. She has been writing the letters "L", "O", and "T"....like I mentioned, if I work with her more....
  • P likes to change words in songs, but ever so slightly. Songs that have a boy doing something we change it to a girl doing something, or as in White Coral Bells we change the last verse to the "fairies WON'T sing." not sure why.
Now, say "cheese!"

3 comments:

Momma Bear said...

sweet!!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

awesome pics...your kids are growing up fast!!!

Holli said...

Wow they are getting so big!!!