Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Little hiccups

Being my age....hrumph, ahem..., I have found that life is full of u-turns, stop lights, wrong turns, and those nasty speed bumps that make you slow down. I look back on choices I made and sometimes wish things were different. What if I went away to college? What if I majored in voice instead of history? What if I chose polos instead of black leather biker jackets? What if didn't move to NYC? What if I didn't befriend that girl that truly needed me? What if I stayed one hour later? What if I didn't go at all?

Then the questions of "what if I truly stuck to my guns to never marry?" Did I truly want to grow old alone? Then, could I possibly want to not only grow old alone, but grow old without my children by my side?

Ewe. No. The most important things in my life right now are because of my choices - right or wrong. My "what ifs" can be quietly stowed away in one of the files of my brain. I'll put them in a box and look back on them when I have time. Right now, my time is for the precious joys I have in my life...and they ride the highway.

3 comments:

Holli said...

I never have regrets about those what ifs in my life because my life would never have been as good as it is now had I chose the other path.... I loved this post. :)

Momma Bear said...

curious to know what inspired this post.

Ute said...

I have a few what-ifs in my life. I choose to ignore them. :)