Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

So, yes, now it is getting to me.

Seriously, I am OVER it today. I am so tired of not having a kitchen or living room, everything dusty and in shambles, never being able to find anything, and changing poopy pants. My car had a leak in one of the back shocks, is making a lovely noise when I drive it (which I am told is just "cupped" tires), and now my dryer is buzzing all the time and someone has to come look at it. I missed getting P into tumbling, and have to go shopping for my 20 year class reunion. I have nothing to wear and I suspect shopping for something is going to be as dreadful as poking myself in the eye with a pencil.

My chest is tight all the time with anxiety and getting little help from hubby with the kids lately b/c of all the work. And to top it off, I am told to not expect things to get done really soon. "We have to wait for the contractor's schedule, then we have to order the countertops, which take a while to get in. You can't have a sink until we have countertops." Why can't it just be "next week the contractor lays the floors and sets up the kitchen. We'll order a dishwasher so you have it to help with dishes and get the stove in so you have someplace to cook other than the toaster oven and hot plate."

If it was just hubby and I complaining would be useless because we could handle it....AND I'd be at work most of the day and not in this pile of rubble. Throwing two very young children in the mix makes me feel overwhelmed and annoyed at the situation. Also, the fucking fire alarm keeps going off each time I use the toaster. One more thing, if hubby calls one more day and asks if we are out having fun when the baby has naptime I am going to lose my shit.

ahhhhh......

Now that the volcano has errupted, the mountain can settle.

4 comments:

Holli said...

Damn. I don't blame you. I'd be chewing people up and spitting them out of I had to deal with that crap!!! I'm tellin' ya, sometimes there are just days that only a cigarette and a shot will fix. :) Hang in there!!

Rachel said...

Oh, girl, I feel your pain!! Renovations can never be over soon enough.

Do you want to get together for dinner again next week?

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Please tell me you worked "eating out every night" into the construction budget! :)

The poopy-pants is way too much...they can even spoil a perfectly good day in a perfectly complete kitchen!:)

Momma Bear said...

home reno with babes...rough, very rough.