Pages

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

And it begins...

"It has started! You'll be going to things for the rest of her life. " says my mom as we discuss P's preschool orientation. I was telling my mom how nervous I was and how I couldn't believe the time had come to ship my daughter off to school. We both agreed she would love it and was clearly ready to handle preschool at her tender age of 3. I think I am the one not ready to handle it!

I went to P's preschool orientation for the parents last night and was thrilled with what I saw. I loved her teachers, the director, the classroom. It was all too perfect. She'll be in a class with 15 other students and two teachers, who both have over 17 years experience in teaching preschool. They are the type of women that if you met them on the street you would probably guess they work with children or a charitable organization. They were so sweet, smiley, and thorough with what to expect from the first day and throughout the year. They discussed the fun stuff, the snack stuff, the potty stuff, but my favorite part was when one of them said: "After just a couple of weeks, I assure you, we will have fallen madly in love with your children." I could tell she meant it. I knew then that I had chosen the perfect place for my little P. I want to remember the sweet smile hubby gave me when I looked to see his reaction.

It felt like such a special place. As you walk up there were raised boxes full of veggies - I assume the church garden for food donations (growing some fall lettuces, root veggies, tomatoes on the vine). The room was colorful, playful, full of books, a wall with each child's name and birthday individually placed on a flower or a tree, and most importantly, the feel of love and respect. A very nice lady selling book bags for the students that she will personalize and have ready for the first day of school. I bought one for P that has a princess on it with a purple and pink tutu, and her name...hope she isn't disappointed because she told me she wants a Princess or a Dora backpack.

such a dreamy experience...I feel so sappy right now....

1 comment:

Momma Bear said...

very exciting!