There are so many moments I find myself smiling because I am proud of my daughter. Today, especially, was one of those days.
I had my first parent/teacher conference with P's preschool. At first I kind of giggled at the thought of having a parent/teacher conference for preschool, but then I realized I *did* want to know how she was doing. I spend so much time with her and think I know her so well, but really, how do I know what she is like in class? She could be the bossy tyrannical friend who steals all the toys, or she could be the quiet little wall flower. Hanging with her everyday, I doubt either one of those descriptions is true about my little P, but really, I don't/didn't know. I was pretty excited to go and find out what the teachers had to say about my little princess.
School was canceled for the kids so the teachers could do conferencing. Hubby took the morning off, and the school provided babysitters (parent volunteers) for the kids while parents met with teachers. I love this school, and love that P's experience has been so positive. She is only three. She needs lots of play, love, and guidance...and I feel she gets that there. The teachers sat down with us and went through the folder they keep for her. It had pictures of her playing with other kids, a drawing she did in her journal (I hope I get this at the end of the year so I can scan it in), and other reflections of the things they do in class such as patterns, cutting with scissors, painting, etc. There are two teachers for P's class of 16, and they both know each kid very well. They told us they loved P and that she was very mature for her age. She shares, she is a leader, and she is the one they usually make an example of because she is doing something "right" - as in sitting in a chair or being quiet and listening when they are gathering everyone to go outside to play. They said she is very detail-oriented and always keeping herself busy.
Hubby and I were both glowing when we left. We even took a bucket of toys home to wash.
2 comments:
Aww, how cute!!! What a smart little girl you've got there :)
The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.
Thanks
Post a Comment