Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Words

I have always loved words. My vocabulary isn't necessarily as vast as I'd like it to be, and I find myself asking my hubby what he means when he uses big words, but that is okay. It is nice to have a husband who can teach me new words to make me seem smart if I use them. I'd like to set a goal for myself of learning a new word a week, but I need to use it in order to retain it or it will be a waste of time. I am sure there is some sort of "word of the day" I can get sent to my email or app for my droid. Perhaps finding an app on my droid will be my Saturday morning fun. OR maybe I'll do Word Wednesdays and put up a new word on my blog with the definition and maybe a catchy little sentence...or even better! I'll teach my daughter the word and have HER use it in a sentence {insert ridiculous "I am going to take over the world" giggle here}.

(shout out for SQ....or I could be washing my cloth diapers. sorry, SQ, I am still laughing over that)

Given that, I have been a little giddy over two words my darling 3 and 1/2 year recently used. The words: scrumptious and glorious. She even used them correctly. However, when I asked her what the words meant she couldn't tell me...that is okay. Sometimes I use words correctly and have no idea what they mean. hahaah! don't tell anyone.

Here are the definitions:

Scrumptious: adj. Splendid; delectable
P was pretending she was my mommy and told me to eat my dinner. She said "little girl, isn't that scrumptious!"

Glorious: adj. Delightful; wonderful
In the bathroom. She was told her brother it was going to be a glorious day. Oh good! What does she have planned for us?!

Thank you www.thefreedictionary.com for the definitions because I didn't know what those words meant.

1 comment:

SelimaCat said...

You can get Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day sent to your email. It's free and available here: http://www.merriam-webster.com/word/subscribe.htm