Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Baby Boy is 2!


bubbies turned TWO! I have a two year old boy. When did this happen? Granted, his first six months were a blur from sleep deprivation and figuring out what was making him a sick little guy, but two years have passed?!

I couldn't be more thrilled with my baby boy. I get excited to hear his coos when he wakes up in the morning, his singing, his babbling, his ability to eat just about anything. He is so darn cute too...of course, I am a bit biased. teehee. I love watching him push his toy cars over everything, including the dogs, and racing around on his ride-on toys or chasing his sister. He's such a boy!

We had a robot-themed birthday for him (thank you friend Jocelyn for all the robot pointers!) and he loved it. P and I created a robot banner complete with his name. Here it is:
Thank you Amy for the banner idea! Check her out here.

And, friend Daryl came over and helped make these awesome robots for parting gifts for all of my kids' adorable friends. Lookie here:
And last, but certainly not least, hubby, P, and I made this awesome robot cake:

Yes! From scratch. Down to the orange buttercream icing that took two bags of powdered sugar and two sticks of butter. A heart stopper in and of itself.

*Highlight of the party:
  • Dearest friends showed up.
  • Garbage disposal pipe came loose and flooded the sink area of the kitchen. Thanks to good friends it got cleaned up right away.
  • Dad used his awesome new camera and got terrific candid shots of the party.
  • I didn't die from exhaustion.
And adorable baby boy coming down from all the sugar and fun:

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

That's really great, Kristin! I love your robo-banner! And the parting gifts are precious! Awesome cake!

I can't believe how grown up he looks...boys rock!

Happy Birthday, Ethan!

Holli said...

Wow! I can't believe how big is he now!! Great pics.... the party looked fun :)