Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dad AKA Papa's Birthday


My dad turned 61 on Dec. 11 and we did our annual Dad birthday celebration of going out for sushi, frou-frou martinis, and then cake (white with chocolate buttercream icing). I give my annual gift of something golf or something he requested for his cars (he has an antique Chevy and two corvettes that he loves to tinker with)...and, of course, something chocolate. And, of course, he always asks if he should open the chocolate and share. And, of course, I want to say "yes," but I give respect to the birthday chocolate and decline his offer. It is nice to have birthday traditions.

The kids were exceptional this year at dinner. Not only did they behave, but they ate Miso soup, edamame, and California rolls like champs. I am thankful they enjoy sushi and chop sticks because our family loves it! Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: