Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Writing, learning to read...we are here already?


I can't believe we are already here. P is doing really well with reading and is an enthusiastic learner, she is writing her letters with little help from me, and remembers how to spell a few words on her own. I am amazed and pleased at her retention and love of learning. She is going to do great in kindy....*sigh*. so proud of my girl. :) I gently push her to learn new things and I find she is a sponge - so is bubbies at 3! He surprises me many times with what he remembers and what he can figure out. Such a bright little guy.

"A child is a candle to be lit. Not a cup to be filled." is/was always my mom's philosophy, and I try to hold true to that as I guide my children through life and learning. They are so much fun!

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

that is a great philosophy!