Pages

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Columbus Parent Mom of the Year Finalist. Who? Me?

My mom and me. The woman who gave me an amazing example on how to be mommy.

I received an email this week that stated I was selected as a finalist for the Columbus Parent Mom of the Year! I had to reread it because I thought it was a joke...meaning, even originally, I thought it was a joke.

My friend Susan sent me a text that said something along the lines of "guess who has been nominated for mom of the year?" I was curious, having no inkling she meant me. Then we talked later and she told me that she nominated me and that all she had was a fuzzy picture from strawberry picking one year. Then I really thought it was a joke and said "oh, thanks." Well, it wasn't a joke, she was serious.

So, here I am, up for "Mom of the Year," which is truly an honor and something I strive to be to my kids and my friends/family every day because they deserve it. I am humbled that my friend thought so much of me to nominate me, especially when I learn so much from her, my other mommy friends and family members, my sisters-in-law, my mom, and my late mother-in-law on how to parent and just how to be.

I try hard to be child-focused and centered, as you can tell from my blog. I am also studying to become a middle school teacher. I start field experience this fall and hope to do some substitute teaching and then finish up the following fall. My heart wants to make a difference in the lives of children - help them be successful, be good citizens, and make good choices. They are our future.

Enough about that stuff. I am super excited to have been selected as a finalist for Columbus Parent Magazine. That is pretty cool!

The catch is - now I have to get people to vote for me. Ugh. I am really bad with shameless personal promotion, but I guess I need to get over it if I want some votes!

Throw a vote my way? Many thanks! Voting ends March 31, 2011.

Click here ----> Vote for Kristin Marks

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

You totally deserve the honor!

Glass of Whine said...

Thanks Joc. Do you remember when I sent you that email when P was born? You said do something for yourself each day to make you feel human, even if it is just brushing your hair and putting on a little make up. I've always remembered that email.