Pages

Monday, April 04, 2011

Running and losing weight

I have found that I am heavier than I was before I started training for the half marathon. Not only have my legs and butt grown because of the added muscle, but my appetite has grown. Burning 1,000 calories in one run leaves me feeling hungry all day. I really need to find a way to manage my hunger because I can't keep eating like I have been and gaining weight. For crying out loud, bathing suit season is around the corner!

I was thinking - Oh, I run over 2o-some miles a week, certainly I can eat whatever I choose. Not so, I need to eat for endurance and health, but what I have been doing is overeating. Overeating has been a problem my whole life, now with added exercise, I am only giving myself more excuses to have second portions.

The thing is, I know what I should be doing...and I haven't been doing it. I've done whatever I want and now it is leaving me feeling heavy and having tight clothes. I am going to work on losing some poundage in the next couple of months. Really, 10 pounds off would make me happy and that is not unreasonable. It just means I need to cut down and stop eating sweets and humongo portions.

I've been thinking about this for the passed couple of weeks. Now it is written down, which means I am finally serious about it.

No comments: