Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last Day of Preschool

Well, my girl had her last day of preschool yesterday. She's been attending a preschool for two years that has made her feel safe, loved, enlightened, educated, involved, and successful. For me, I wish she could go there for the rest of her grade school years, but alas, it is time to move on.

She is excited. I am sad. Of course I am sad, I have a difficult time with change and moving on - and I don't want to pass those feelings on to my girl. So, I tried to keep them to myself.

I asked if she was excited because next year she starts kindergarten, and she promptly and enthusiastically said "yes!" I think part of that is because she had such a great experience with kindergarten assessment at her to-be elementary school. When we left assessment, she looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes sparkling and said "Mommy, I *love* it here." I guess I will too...really, do I have a choice?! :)

She made some great friends during her preschool years, and some of her friends were from our playgroup we play with on Fridays. All us mommies picked the kids up after class and the teachers would give a synopsis about what they did in class. Then the kids would race down the hall and out the door. Unfortunately, they don't have an accessible playground for after school hours, so the kids played in the trash area or the landscaping (oops! haha!). Jo, Patti, and I would talk for a while and then be on our way. I am going to miss that! I am also going to miss those few hours I got to spend with just bubbies - he's an awesome little dude.

Here's my post from the first day of preschool in 2009: She loves preschool

Here's the preschool buddies...

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

That is so great! Onward and upward,right? :)