Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chicken

It is one of my good friend's birthday this weekend. We have a similar sense of humor in that we make-up the most ridiculous things and then laugh at them. For instance, "the chicken bucket of love" was quite funny for a while. Kel, whose birthday it is, even got me an "engagement chicken." It was a handmade adorable little stuffed chicken that I kept on my desk for year. Chicken has seemed to cause a LOT of funny moments in my life, actually.

One silly chicken memory that makes me roar with laughter to this day was when my friend Kris and I did a breast cancer walk in New York. We were walking back to hang out for the day we laughed that her old manager called chicken breasts boobies. She and her manager worked in the restaurant industry and when they did the count for night he would ask "how many boobies in that lexan." We laughed and laughed and then decided it was funny to name as many chicken dishes as we could inserting the word boobie. So, essentially, I guess it was the boobie walk. And..my daughter eats boobie tenders...as long as the boobies aren't too hot. I prefer boobies on my salad and am not a huge fan of boobie in a can. I could go on all day.

Kris and I also had Halloween chicken fun. I flew out for the weekend a few years ago to see her in Boston. We had tickets to go to Salem to get the wits scared out of us at the Night of Necromancy, which was basically *real* witches teaching us about the craft, a TON of red wine and some finger foods. The apps were served in one room and then the festivities took place in an adjacent room. To get to the next room we had to pass under none other than a trellis of chicken feet! The witch asked if we each wanted one - hell yeah! Those two chicken feet were great fun the next day. One ended up on a seat in the T and we laughed to hysterics watching riders push and shove to get the empty seat and then look in horror at the foot. Noone would sit in the seat. That foot was rather awful looking all dried up.

Back to my birthday friend. I found the perfect card this year. The card has an old lady sitting next to a guy in a chicken suit. There is a thought bubble over her head and inside the card are stickers with different sayings you can put in the bubble. Well, I chose to make up my own because I think I am far funnier than their creative people who made up those bubbles...well, maybe not, but I did get quite a giggle out of what I wrote. I hope my friend does too.

1 comment:

Kris Burke McDavid said...

Absolutely hysterical!!! I am cracking up right now.