Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Darling boy


My darling boy is almost walking on his own. We went to COSI last Thursday and he was all over the place crawling, playing and "walking" those little push cars. It was so amazing to see him GO! It was amazing to see my daughter as well. She played with her "s"riends and ran all over the place without mommy in site...which, I have to admit hurt my ego a bit; but, to see her pretend play and make new friends truly fills my heart with adoration. She'll just go up to another child and say "hello, what's your name?" Can she do that? Really?! Really?! Guess I can't be the center of her universe forever...*tear* *sigh* *tear*.

The baby is sleeping well in his own room. I thought that transition would be really hard on me, but I think I mourned for about 5 minutes and then was over it. As much as I put a roadblock up to change and am incredibly nostalgic, I am also very understanding to the fact that my children need to grow and I can't keep them as babies forever. On the flip side, I don't want to treat my children as if they are older than they are. Sometimes hubby does things that I really don't find appropriate for a 2 year old, maybe a 4 year old, but not a 2 year old. BUT, my 2 year responds well to whatever it is - for instance, going to the movies. Hubby took P to see Wall-E a few months ago. I was abhorrent to the idea, but I let it happen because I had to let hubby "do his thing" even if I didn't agree with it. That was REALLY hard considering I can be such a control freak. She had a great time...she can't remember her middle name, but she remembers Wall-E. ha! Now Madagascar 2 is coming and hubby promised P I was going to take her. We are movie lovers in this family, so I guess it is natural for her to love them too.

1 comment:

Amanda C. said...

Awww, look at your little guy! I so miss seeing all the babies growing up in play group. V and I will definitely need to take a road trip some day soon...