Well, all those parents with older kids were right...it gets easier. Now, if you asked me even one month ago I would have disagreed with them; but at this point with my children it is, in fact, easier. bubbies is 9 months old and Miss P just turned 2 and 1/2. They are officially starting to play together, P *wants* her baby brother around and he is smitten with her. When bubbies gets up from nappies P is the first one into greet him. Sometimes he is frightened by her, but generally he is happy to see his sissy and gives her a big fat 4 toothy grin.
I have noticed with the increase to 3 squares for the baby that his nursing throughout the day has decreased. .....give me a moment, ah, shed a tear....okay now I am over it. I have to say that with Miss P I didn't have nursing remorse, and I don't think I will with bubbies either. To me, breastfeeding is just what you do when they are babies and when they are through they are through. No biggie. But on the flipside to that, I do center my world around being a breastfeeding mama. I have missed out on many things this year to make the nursing commitment to my son, and I will never, ever, ever, ever, in a million years regret it. In fact, it is something I love to have been able to do for my children and I will always feel a special bond to them because of it. I feel like I brought them life and then sustained them once they were born just by my body. It is pretty cool. I am lucky to have been able to do it, stick with it and most of all endure it. I'll tell you, getting bitten is not fun...and the healing after a laceration on your nipple is even worse than the bite....but, it is what it is and we worked through it. Also, eliminating dairy from my diet has actually made my tummy feel better. It'll be interesting to see how my body reacts when I add it back in. I don't want to be yogurt and cheese-free forever! :)
I am already planning my first trip when bubbies is off the boobie. My friend Jill has sent me some great plane deals for a visit to South Beach...gonna have to take her up on it. Bloody Marys on the beach? Uhmmmm....what was the question? Just got get a bathing suit body...working on it, working on it.
1 comment:
you could always go on the southbeach diet. Then you could blog about how you went on the southbeach diet in order to go to southbeach and wear a bathing suit. It would be great.
Post a Comment