Pages

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Poor baby

I took the babes to the pediatrician today. bubbies starting oozing googledy goo from his eyes at Grammies' house last night, and mom and I agreed a trip to the doc's office was necessary. I have been wanting to get this rashy-rashness checked out on his bum too, so I figure why not hit two birds...well, three because P has these crazy bumps on her face...with three stones. Two birds with one, I mean three birds with one, or two birds three stones...whatever.

The trip to the pediatrician's office always begins with good intentions of leaving early...of course, we always leave with JUST enough time to get there. I hate it. But, what can I do? P pooed her pants, the baby kept taking his shoes off, I couldn't find their coats (which I so conveniently left in the car and were now like ice cubes, so had to find other coats) and I forgot to even brush my hair. I was scary. Then I was even scarier because I was stressed and getting angry. P said "mommy don't yell! you are being mean!" OH NO She diNT!!! Yes, I was clearly being cross with her...but mean? You ain't seen mean sister. haha! just joking. I just shut up and realized I should not be angry with my 2 year old for not wanting to wear her coat...I mean, that is an every day occurance, why should it push my buttons today? Well, because we were going to be LATE! LATE like I am to everything anymore. Luckily my kids are cute or I'd keep yelling.

Well, as soon as we got in the car everything went smoothly. We even got a good parking space: meaning close enough so I wouldn't freak out that the kids were getting too cold in this darn Ohio weather. The nurse led us to our room and I got kids settled to only receive a highlight to my day. P asks if she can sit on the stool in the room "Sure," I tell her, "but don't stand on it." Believe it or not, she actually listened to me! But, that is not the highlight. The highlight was when she put the stool against the wall and clear as a bell yells "DON'T KEEP THE QUEEN WAITING" about four times...and the doctor walks in. I was laughing so hard I almost wet myself. Then I thought that my doc probably thinks I tell her to say that. I haven't even heard that phrase before much less tell her to say such things. However, I have to admit, I hope she says it again. Maybe I'll get better customer service.

So, our diagnosis was this: the Queen didn't have to wait long, bubbies has eczema on his butt and legs and conjunctivitis in both his eyes, and P just has bumps from the old "wipe and smear."

2 comments:

Momma Bear said...

I think it's two ducks and a turd. :) poor babe!

SelimaCat said...

This made me laugh so hard I wept. Poor bubbies, and K has the old "wipe and smear" bumps, too. Kids.