We recently got home from a family vacation in Rhode Island, hubby's home state. It was a wonderful trip because not only was it great seeing family, but we learned our kids are easily transportable. The car ride was almost 14 hours on the way out and 11 on the way back...can you say "that peepee diaper just has to wait until we get home...I can't bear the thought of changing my child on the car seat one more time or go out in the frigid air to change them in a dirty rest stop bathroom?" once really time fast? Anyhooo, the kids were great on the way out and the way back. I highly suggest a DVD player and lots of movie choices or heck just one movie. My darling P watched the Aristocats probably 4 times out and 4 times back and didn't complain once.
Once we got to RI we were welcomed with open arms by our Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob. They had the house kid pimped because they have 5 grandchildren of their own that are 3 and under. Can we say the kids had a great time? Yes, and then some. They got to see their cousies who they adore, their Papa, their aunts and uncles and second cousies. Hubby is very close with his cousies, so it was almost like seeing brothers and sisters rather than cousies. I understand that because I am that close to my lovely cousin Candyce. We shopped, we ate, we hung out at the ocean and watched the fishing boats come in, we went to the Providence Children's Museum, but most of all we visited with family and caught up with each other. I also got to see one of my best friends who rocks my world. I miss her so much and she would be a huge facet in the decision of us moving out east.
I cannot write enough how awesome my kids were. I am/was so darn proud of how respectful, mannerly and loving they were with family they barely even know. It was darling. I need to document that when we stayed with Bill P CHOSE to sleep out on his couch all by her wee little self. I think she found that sleeping in bed with mommy and daddy kind of sucks...because daddy farts (I hope he doesn't read this because he'll tell the truth about who REALLY farts in bed.) But, her choosing to sleep out there all by herself was stinkin' cute and so mature. God love her.
Here are some pics:

Bob, Mary, Papa Bill and P. Mary and P put chocolate frosting on a cupcake topped with P's favorite food: strawberries. Only on vacation can you eat cupcakes before bed. YUMMY!

Papa Bill and Shane. Bill is Shane's step-father; Shane's bioligical father died when Shane
was young.
Lady of the Flowers at Providence Children's Museum. That place is a barrel of fun....COSI should take some notes.
P and I get our picture taken at this very spot each time we go back to RI. It started when P was in utero. I want to post the other two I have....yes, only three pics so far...I love the
start of traditions.







3 comments:
Totally enjoyed your wonderful pics! Of course your kids are lil angels...just look at their parents (ahem!)
Great pics, and so glad you had such a lovely time. I can't believe how big your little ones are getting! B and I must get out to the Northeast at some point. It looks beautiful.
you can visit just don't pick up and move or anything! :)
Post a Comment