Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Givin' kisses

P lovin' bubbies

Yes, I told her to give her brother a kiss...but that was only after she did it herself. My two babes love each other, but P can also be very "mine-focused" and kind of mean to her little brother sometimes. I have to keep reminding her that he is just a little guy and she has to be careful. I am amazed at how well he takes it, and also sad that sometimes he gets the shaft. Sibling love/rivalry...I guess that is what it is all about. I think children act out of what they see from their role models (particularly me and hubby) and from their surroundings. Hubby and I try really hard not to have arguments in front of the kids, and we fail miserably, but we at least try. My parents didn't try. They fought all the time when I was growing up or said said mean things to each other on a pretty regular basis. I think that is part of the reason Paxton and I fought so much...our role models did it and that is what we thought we were supposed to do. That is part of the reason I really hate myself when I am angry and the kids have to deal with my anger. Last time I was totally pissed off I called my poor friend Susan and vented. She told me to see a therapist...hahaha! just joking.

I have seen other brother and sister pairs that either ignore each other or are so mean to each other that it makes you gasp. My children are not mean...they do some things that aren't nice, but all in all they are very loving and kind individuals. I feel fortunate that their true nature is beautiful and that their little mishaps are probably just because of their age...or they are pissed at mommy for a yet another time out (thank you P for testing the waters.). I am not surprised - hubby is one of the nicest people I know and he passed on some of those good genes...that is part of the reason I married him. He doesn't talk about people, he makes fun of them to their face, but he never talks about people in general. His thought is "there are people who talk about people, people who talk about things, and then people who talk about ideas. I want to be a person who talks about ideas." I admire that...and wish I could stop being such a fence hen. hahaah! But c'mon, Paula Abdul is a train wreck.

3 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

She is a train wreck...but her hair is looking better this year, no?

Oh....to BE LIKE SHANE! We'd all be happier! :P

Steve Prescott said...

look at that kid! seems like just yesterday he was all helpless and small.....and easily put in the sock drawer.....

Holli said...

My brother and I are 19 months apart and we were always close and we're like best friends now. We had our blowups when we were kids (I think I really tried to kill him twice that I can remember!) but for the most part we were each other's support and stability. They will be too. :)