Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Peeing in privacy is overrated


Ever since I've had children I don't do much alone, that includes going to the bathroom. I haven't peed without an audience in four years. When they were young babies I had found a way to either hold them or have them in their walker right outside the door - I guess it is my fault.

Now, when I go to the bathroom and try to shut the door this is what I hear:

-the knob turning as my 2 year tries to figure out how to open the door
-knocking
-endless questions: "Mommy, what are you doing in there?;" "Mommy, can I come in?;" "Mommy, are you pooping?;" "Mommy, I want a snack!"

My response to all of this: "Mommy needs a little privacy. I'll be out in just a sec." Then it starts all over again: the knocking, the trying to open the door, and the endless questions. I am really popular at home - they just can't live without me. Perhaps I should start wearing diapers so I never have to take a break to pee. I'd be able to grab them a snack and juice box and never visit the toilet.

Well, the latest had me in stitches. I was in the potty, and I hear them playing nicely. They had moved the train track to right outside the bathroom door, obviously the beautiful Thomas the Train train table that my husband got for them should have been installed in the shitter.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

You are to much! This used to drive me crazy! mama's gotta have SOME personal time, kids!!!