Pages

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Favorite words

I have compiled a list of words that my children currently love to use. Now, I certainly *never* say such things, well, uhm...yeah (uncomfortable silence). Well, if I do use these words it is only because they are fun to say, which is why I am never too hard on the silly experimental words (the ones your kids test out to see how you'll react?). But, I do have soap and vinegar on hand for the words that cannot be named.

The word "poopy" makes a debut at least twice a day, which is better than it was. My daughter was using "poopy" as an adjective for just about everything about three weeks ago. I actually wrote a post about it on the late Ohio Moms Blog - go HERE if you want to read it.
Here are some of the silly experimental words (of course, all used in name-calling or adjectives for each other or cars):

  • booty butt
  • poopy
  • poopy butt
  • booty
  • stinky
  • stupid
I am adding "dammit" to the list. It is quickly becoming popular! ugh.

1 comment:

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

Lil prefers 'frickin' and 'damn' right now. Her inappropriate usage is so funny to me (pass me the damn salt please) that I can barely correct her.