Hubby was taking my kids to run errands. They were walking out from the house to the car and hubby asks P "Why is it colder in the house than it is outside?" He asked for no reason - that is what my husband does, just talks about stuff. Interesting stuff, ideas and such.
My P answers "reversible change!" out of nowhere. Hubby laughed in surprise and told her she was correct. She is 4 and already smarter than her mom. I had to ask what reversible change was, and then had to look it up to be sure I understood it (really isn't that difficult). In case you do not know what reversible change is and would like to teach your child, here is a fun site:
BBC KS2 Bitesize.
And back to my husband and all his "idea talk." He says that there are 3 types of people:
- People who talk about people.
- People who talk about things.
- People who talk about ideas.
He says he wants to be a person who talks about ideas...and he is. He is pretty cool - and let's me have it when I complain about people. He'll tell me I am being catty or gossipy or just won't listen. Or this is the best question he asks me "why don't you just tell them instead of complaining about it?!" I say, "you don't know women very well, do you?"
2 comments:
I try to "just tell them" when it's important to do so, and in the kindest way possible, but that only works...like never. :) I just read a post yesterday about someone who values "Kind Honesty" in others...Shane is such a good hubby! Keep us "cats" in line! LOL
And go P! You smarty-pants.
I think I am a bit of all three types? And I TRY to do that talking about ideas thing with my kids, but the talking in circles is sometimes more than I can take... Maybe I could borrow your hubby some time? ;)
Post a Comment