Pages

Friday, August 25, 2006

Suvivor Fan, but what the hell?

I think I fall into the category of "what the hell?" when referring to the new season of Survivor. I have read all over the place that the teams for the 2006 fall season will be divided up into races. hmmmm.....

I question this decision...but then again, perhaps it just makes for good tv. As a future educator, I am learning to celebrate the differences in cultures - does dividing races up in a competition celebrate them or just try to prove which one is better?

I almost feel like it is segregation. I mean, aren't people going to say the "Asian" tribe or the "Hispanic" tribe? They won't necessarily call them by their tribal names....or at least I doubt it. I have some friends who are pretty die hard Survivor fans, and I will be interested in seeing how they refer to the various tribes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet the Hispanic tribe will build one hell of a shelter.