So, I have only had two glasses of WINE in almost a year. This is because I was pregnant and just had a baby in May. I can't believe it is almost September already! Breastfeeding has gotten easier, I don't change a diaper every half an hour, and now she is actually smiling and looking right at ME!! Wow, be still my heart.
I never thought I would be a stay-at-home mother. I mean, I was all about work and play, and trying to keep myself occupied with dinners, movies, friends and red wine. I never thought I'd change. Heck, if you would have asked me, even when I was thirty, if I was going to get married and have children I probably would have said, "You talkin' to me, Willis?" Now I am 35, smitten with my husband and head over heels in love with my little girl.
My life has changed...for the better. I guess it is more of a new, exciting chapter than a total change. I am still me and I am still selfish and self-centered a lot of the time - I just don't come first anymore. And that, today, is totally fine with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment