Pages

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My friends are such NITWITS

As I struggled at home yesterday with bubbies getting over his illness and P's prolonging, my kickball game went on. I had to bail out on the game, which was THE game of the season, because I had to take P to the pediatrician to find out what the heck was going on with her and prepare for an exam I have to take Thursday morning. ugh. Why do I have to miss out on all the fun? poor me. :) BUT, thankfully I took P to the pedi because she has yet ANOTHER double ear infection. poor her. I am so sad for my little princess, especially sad...well feeling guilty...because she was dangling from my last nerve all day yesterday and Monday. The constant whining of a two year old can easily break the nerves of a woman who hasn't slept in four nights because her kids have been up sick and crying or need breastfeeding. However, I am the adult and should muster through the "I wanna pop your head off, kid" moments without at a hitch...yeah, whatever.

Anyhow, I mentioned THE game of the season. Well, my kickball team plays one game in costume each year. The first year we dressed up as pirates, the second year as medical patients and this year was prom 2008. Yes, this year was Enchantment Under the Sea a Prom Night. Yet another hilarious idea by hubby's friends in the name of fun, and a tactic to sidetrack our opponents to win...not really, we pretty much NEVER win. All the guys played in prom gowns and the girls played in pants and jackets aka suits. johnnyLung calls last night and leaves a message as I am putting the kids down and says "we lost, imagine that, but I didn't even get lucky." I was cracking up! Then I check my email this morning and Steve sends out the pictures the kickball league took and I almost peed my pants in laughter. Check it out: the NitWits Enchantment Under the Sea.

It looks like they all had some great fun! Hopefully I won't miss out next year.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Love the pictures, you guys have all the fun!

Amanda C. said...

Yikes! The guys are a little scary (though hilarious looking) in those prom dresses!