Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday Dose of Humor

Humor event 1

So, I had NPR on in the car. When I take P anywhere I generally play her music - i.e.: The Wiggles, Gemini or Laurie Berkner, but that day my mind was off in lala land and I just wanted a low dose of talk radio vibrating through the air. I wasn't even paying attention to what was on until I hear my daughter quietly say something. I responded with the typical "What, honey?" Then she proceeds to tell me, and mind you she is only 2, "I want sex." Now, quickly thinking how to respond to that particular statement (uhmmm..I don't think I'll ever *really* be ready to talk about that with my daughter much less at the tender age of 2), I just say "oh." I mean, what do you say? She is only 2 and I am sure if I asked her if she wanted a great big glob of greasy grimey gofer guts she'd want that too.

Humor event 2

We were shopping at Target and I pick P up one of those cheap little echo microphones that amplifies your voice (you may be asking the question "why" at this point). We were having fun and singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider back and forth. giggling, laughing hahaha. Everything is fun, fun, fun. Then she yells "take your pants off." What?, and Why?, and Who was she yelling that to? I kind of blew it off then realized there was a man with his young daughter picking out school supplies. P was pointing right at the little girl. The father just put his hand on his girl's back and said "c'mon, let's get this done" and shielded his daughter from my daughter. It was pretty funny. I mean, P is 2 and the girl was probably 8. What was P going to do, jump out of the cart and pull the girl's pants down? Noooo, because the 8 year-old was wearing a skirt.

Humor event 3

P saw the word "Pharmacy" on the side of the Target building. She screams "THAT'S MY NAME!" Proud that she recognized the "P" I just responded "yes, honey, yes it is."

Humor from my past

I can't help but embrace the fact that P is quite possibly eNORMously annoyed by her baby brother. I was there at about the same age as P when my brother came along, and from what I am told (I don't remember any of this being 2 and all) I was eNORMously annoyed by my baby brother. My mom tells me that she brought home little baby Paxton and was so smitten with her new little boy. She wanted me to love him and embrace him with all the smooshy warm fuzzies she was giving him. Instead, I told her one lovely evening when she was taking the garbage out, to "pooh Pacton in deer" and pointed at the trash can.

Now, P hasn't officially requested that I throw baby brother away, but she has asked me to put him in the crib and shut the door. Recently, she has begun taking my hand after I put him down and leads me into another room. I think that is her way of saying he should be in the trash can.

4 comments:

Ann Harrison said...

Hello!
I found you through Mom Bloggers Club.
Little Miss P is so funny! How lucky you are.

Amanda C. said...

Oh, the NPR bit is just priceless! It reminds me to make sure I listen closely to what I have blaring from my radio in the car. My CD player doesn't work anymore, so no kids songs right now. Actually, our NPR station plays a lot of classical music during the day, so I guess I can keep it for now.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Hilarious...so funny!

hippos toes said...

Just popped over from MBC. What a cute story :)